We all know summer is full of fun, sun and lots (and lots) of food related celebrations. It's been an adventure (of sorts) trying to navigate these festivities with Whole30 in mind. So basically, I've taken some of my favorite recipes and tweaked them to make them compliant. This hearty broccoli salad has the saltiness of the bacon, the sweetness of the raisins and creaminess from the mayo; it's a wonderfully delicious and hearty side for any get together.
This recipe is inspired by CookEatPaleo. I will say that it's even more delicious after it's chilled for a few hours.
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo (Whole30 compliant. I use Primal Kitchen's)
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite size florets
- 8 slices (Whole30 compliant. I used Pedersons cooked and cut into small pieces)
- Note: make it easy on yourself and bake it! No mess and easy to save the fat for later recipes. Bake at 400 degrees farenheit for 20 minutes (rotating halfway through)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (I used about 1/2t salt and 1/4 freshly ground pepper)
Combine onions, vinegar and a good pinch of salt in bottom of large bowl. Stir in mayonnaise.
Add remaining ingredients and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.