Update: pizza even with approved ingredients is not approved on the Whole30 program. This more of a #swypo kind of dish! *wink wink I have removed from my Whole30 recipe list, but this would be great dish any other time! Enjoy!
Every Friday night is pizza night. But it's Tuesday and we're leaving for vacation and I'm all, gimme this delicious dish while I watch Netflix instead of pack. Because packing for kids is just about the worst. Hashtag all the things. But I digress. This is the perfect meal to have any time and the possibilities for these crusts are endless! I recently discovered Cali'Flour Foods and fell in love! I have no doubt it will be a kitchen staple even when this round of Whole30 is complete.
The crusts come already made, frozen and ready for use at your convenience. Since discovering them, I've kept a couple on hand for easy meals. The prosciutto and arugula pizza was inspired by one of my favorite local pizza spots, Frasca. Though, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some small part of me that would have loved a few bits of shaved parmesan (insert shoulder shrug hands raised emoji). But despite the lack of cheese this was beyond satisfying and very filling. The peppery taste of the arugula with the saltiness of the prosciutto and finally, the sweetness of the balsamic ... perfection! I have no doubt will enjoy as much as I did!
- 1 Cali'Flour Foods crust (be sure to use the vegan, as this is Whole30 cool)
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 4 oz package of thinly sliced prosciutto (Whole30 compliant)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (Whole30 compliant)
- 1 teaspoon avoado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bake the crust according to package instructions
- After crust cools (in between bakes- read the directions), lightly brush avocado oil and garlic on the crust
- Top with prosciutto, half of the shallots and return the oven per packaging directions
- While this is baking, pour balsamic into small sauce pan until it bubbles, then bring heat to low and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes- it should stick to the back of your spoon
- Once the pizza has cooled slightly, top with remaining shallots, fresh arugula and drizzle with balsamic reduction
- Feel fancy and enjoy!