It would seem that I couldn't get enough of Whole30 so I decided to do it again! I'm on day 7 of round 4 (rounds not in consecutive order). In all honesty, I didn't follow the reintroduction on my last round very well, and ended up feeling pretty terrible. Damn you vanilla soy latte! I have been feeling really great since jumping back in and have enjoyed the structure and opportunity for creativity in the kitchen. If you follow me on Instagram you know I have a love affair with my slow cooker "rotisserie" chicken- I make it about 2-3 times a month. And this tasty and fresh chicken salad is one of the things I most love doing with the leftovers.
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken (I use whatever I have left from my 40 Clove Slow Cooker Chicken, which also adds some flavor)
- 1/2 cup Whole30 approved mayo (I use Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo) you can use more or less depending on how much chicken you're using and preference for creaminess
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 Whole30 approved raisins. I know this may seem redundant with the grapes in the mix, but I love a variety of texture in the salad
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Large romaine or bib lettuce leaves as needed
- Chop or shred chicken into bite size pieces
- Add all the ingredients and using a spatula, mix ensuring the mayo makes its way over all the chicken and other ingredients.
- Fill lettuce of choice with a scoop or two of chicken salad. Also really great from bowl, to fork, to mouth.